About Thames Water
Thames Water Utilities Ltd, known as Thames Water, is the private utility company responsible for the public water supply and waste water treatment in large parts of Greater London and other areas of the United Kingdom. Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater services company, and supplies 2.6 gigalitres of drinking water per day and treats 4.4 gigalitres of wastewater per day. Thames Water’s 15 million customers compromise 7% of the UK population.
Basis Technologies and Thames Water
Thames and Wipro see the BDEx suite as vital to the successful implementation of their SAP transformation program, with particular focus on exceptions management. Key members of the Thames Team, understanding the challenges in delivering a complex SAP system in a de-regulated environment and having seen the product successfully utilised at other utilities clients (EDF Energy, npower), recognised the tremendous value that BDEx could deliver.
BDEx is the only tool that provides a 360° view of the customer, with a complete customer centric view of all exceptions, issues and past interactions. In addition, the BDEx Connect modules provides the ability to enrich SAP Cloud for Customer (C4C) with customer centric information from BDEx, such as the notes history. This makes BDEx an integral component in the transition to SAP's cloud based CRM offering.
By implementing the BDEx suite working alongside Wipro, Thames Water can expect to see the following benefits:
- Improved exception handling for Meter to Cash, with particular focus on IDEX (industry data flow) exceptions generated by the new de-regulated processes. This will enable Thames to successfully compete in the nearly opened market.
- Improved productivity data for the Back Office
- Accelerated average handle times in the Back Office.
- An improved customer experience.
- Enhancing SAP C4C with customer centric information from BDEx (including customer notes and the invoice history.)