ENSA is one of two utilities that serve the country of Panama, which consumes approximately 2.980 GWh annually and is home to 409,000 customers.
ENSA distributes electricity to clients in Eastern Panama, Colón, Darién, the Comarca Guna Yala and certain islands in the Bay of Panama (Pacific). The Panamanian government owns a 49% stake in ENSA.
As one of the largest Utility companies in South America, ENSA were looking for ways to improve Billing Accuracy and reduce late billing costs with a minimal budget.
By implementing Basis Technologies utilities focused solutions, ENSA would be able to rapidly extract data from some of the largest database tables in IS-U and quickly identify all late billed customers from a range of criteria including rate, category, company code date and more.
Basis Technologies products Torch and Blade, have proven to enable savings of over £4.25million per annum and reduce billing exceptions by up to 50%. With these two tools in place, ENSA will resolve exceptions faster and ensure on time-billing, meaning a more satisfied customer base.
How we helped
Through the provision of Blade and Torch, ENSA have the tools to:
- Streamline their tolerance levels and highlight potential issues in the Meter to Invoice cycle
- Quickly identifying all late billed contracts with an estimated total of the late billed revenue.
- Prevent high back office exception rates, avoid negative customer impacts.
- Root Cause/transparency of correct issue being resolved
- A user interface which empowers the call center agenst to do their job efficiently and effectively.